Douglas University, a prestigious educational institution, is a beacon of excellence in the realm of higher education. Nestled in a picturesque setting, the university offers a vibrant and intellectually stimulating environment for students to thrive in their careers and do exceptionally well.
At Douglas University, students are provided with a diverse range of academic programs that cater to their individual interests and career aspirations. The university comprises a range of faculties and departments, each equipped with the best and the most comforting facilities that are available for students and additionally are led by renowned scholars and industry experts.
About Douglas University
One of the hallmarks of Douglas University is its commitment to experiential learning. The university believes in the power of practical application and hands-on experiences to complement classroom learning. Through internships, cooperative education programs, and industry partnerships, students can leverage the chance to gain valuable real-world experience and develop essential skills sought after by employers.
The campus life at Douglas University is vibrant and engaging, fostering a sense of community and collaboration. Students can participate in numerous extracurricular activities, clubs, and organizations that cater to a wide range of interests. These opportunities not only provide avenues for personal growth and self-discovery but also encourage networking and lifelong friendships. The faculty at Douglas University is dedicated to providing students with a supportive and nurturing learning environment. Professors are highly qualified experts in their fields, fostering an atmosphere of academic excellence and intellectual curiosity.
Download Douglas University Brochure from here
Programmes of the Douglas University
Check Complete List of Programs
|Applied Community Studies||Child and Youth Care|
|Disability & Community Studies|
|Early Childhood Education|
|Sign Language Interpretation|
|Vocational Education and Skills Training|
|Commerce & Business Admin||Accounting|
|Commerce & Business Administration|
|Computing Studies & Information Systems|
|Health Sciences||Health Information Management|
|Mental Health and Personal Support Work|
|Nursing – Psychiatric|
|Humanities & Social Sciences||Anthropology|
|Geography and the Environment|
|Humanities & Social Sciences|
|Language, Literature & PA||Bachelor of Performing Arts|
|English Language Learning and Acquisition|
|Gender, Sexualities and Women’s Studies|
|Global Learning Global Citizenship|
|Intercultural and International Studies|
|Performing & Fine Arts|
|Stagecraft & Event Technology|
|Teaching English as a Second Language|
|Science & Technology||Biology|
|Earth & Environmental Sciences|
|Hearing Instrument Practitioner|
|Mathematics & Science Teaching|
|Science & Technology|
Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation
The Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation is a two-year program that prepares students to work as therapeutic recreation professionals. The program provides the students a view and study of wide range of topics, that include the principles of therapeutic recreation, program planning and evaluation, and recreation therapy interventions. This course provides ample opportunities to student to leverage the opportunity to gain practical experience through practicum placements in healthcare and social service settings.
|United States, USD||13836.70**|
Certificate in Marketing
The Certificate in Marketing is a great way to learn the basics of marketing and to gain the skills you need to start a career in this exciting field. The program is offered both online and on campus, so you can choose the format that best suits your needs. The Certificate in Marketing is a one-year program that provides students with the fundamental knowledge and skills they need to work in marketing.
|United States, USD||17786.30**|
Applied Psychology (Bachelor of Arts, Honours)
In this course the student delves into the fascinating intersection of psychology and real-world applications. With a focus on practical skills and theoretical knowledge, students gain a deep understanding of human behaviour, research methods, and intervention strategies, preparing them for diverse career paths in counselling, organizational psychology, and more.
|United States, USD||17786.30**|
Post-Degree Diploma in Data Analytics
This course provides the students a great idea about the changing data dynamics and the future of technology that is data. The importance of data in today’s world. This course covers topics like- The different types of data analysis techniques, How to collect, clean, and prepare data, How to build data models and interpret results, How to communicate data findings to stakeholders.
|United States, USD||14105.95*|
Post-Degree Diploma in International Business Management
This intensive program focuses on the intricacies of international trade, cross-cultural management, market research, and strategic planning. Students engage in practical learning experiences, including case studies, simulations. Graduates of the program emerge as versatile professionals capable of navigating the complexities of international markets, establishing global networks, and driving business growth across borders.
|United States, USD||14105.95*|
Student Intakes For 2024
|Intake||Application Open||Deadline To Apply|
|Summer (May) 2024||June 1, 2023||January 31, 2024|
|Fall (September) 2024||October 2, 2023||May 31, 2024|
|Winter (January) 2024||February 1, 2024||September 30, 2024|
Eligibility Criteria For the Douglas University
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum overall grade average of 60% (or equivalent) in the final year of high school.
- Must have a minimum final grade of “C” or 60% (or equivalent) in Grade 11 Mathematics or equivalent for most programs.
- Must meet the English language proficiency requirements.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 60% (or equivalent) during the bachelor’s degree program.
- The candidate has to fulfil English language proficiency requirements.
Special needs students
- Must have a letter from a qualified professional stating that they are able to succeed in the program.
- May be required to take additional assessments to determine their eligibility.
In addition to these general eligibility criteria, some programs may have additional requirements. For example, some programs may require students to have a certain level of experience in a particular field or to have completed certain prerequisite courses.
The English language proficiency requirements for Douglas University vary depending on the program. For most programs, students must have a minimum overall IELTS score of 6.0. However, some programs may have higher requirements.
How To Apply?
- Choose A Program: Douglas University offers a wide range of programs, so you’ll need to choose one that’s right for you. You can find a list of all the programs offered on the university’s website.
- Check The Eligibility Requirements: Once you’ve chosen a program, you need to check the eligibility requirements. These requirements vary depending on the program, so you’ll need to make sure you meet them all.
- Gather Your Application Materials: The application materials vary depending on the program, but you’ll typically need to submit your high school transcripts, a letter of intent, and a resume. You may also need to take the IELTS or TOEFL exam.
- Submit Your Application: Once you’ve gathered your application materials, you can submit your application online. You’ll need to pay a non-refundable application fee.
- Wait For A Decision: The admissions committee will review your application and let you know if you’ve been accepted. This process can take a few weeks or months, so be patient.
Here are some additional tips that might help you apply efficiently and with no room for error:
- Get help with your application. If you need help with your application, you can get help from a guidance counsellor or from the university’s admissions office.
- Be prepared to answer questions about your academic record and your career goals.
- Proofread your application materials carefully. Make sure there are no errors in your grammar or spelling.
Rankings & Awards
Douglas University is ranked 1434 globally in the 2022 QS World University Rankings. The university was ranked 168 in Canada in the 2022 US News & World Report rankings. It is also ranked 17 in Canada for best colleges for social mobility in the 2022 Maclean’s rankings.
The university has received the following achievements and awards so far:
- Premier’s Award for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- Canadian Award for Excellence in Innovation.
- Athena SWAN Bronze Award for gender equity.
Douglas University recognizes the importance of financial support in enabling students to pursue their academic goals. As such, the university offers a range of scholarships to assist students in their educational journey.
One prominent scholarship available at Douglas University is the Academic Excellence Scholarship. This merit-based scholarship is awarded to students who showcase outstanding academic achievement and potential. It recognizes the dedication and hard work of students who have consistently excelled in their academic pursuits. The Academic Excellence Scholarship provides financial assistance to help cover tuition fees, easing the financial burden on deserving students.
Douglas University has a strong placement record. 85-90% of students find employment within six months of graduating. The university has a dedicated career services office that helps students with their job search. The office offers a variety of services, including resume writing assistance, interview coaching, and job fairs.
Some of the top employers that hire Douglas University graduates include:
- Accounting: KPMG, PwC, Deloitte
- Banking: RBC, TD, Scotiabank
- Consulting: McKinsey & Company, Bain & Company, BCG
- Technology: Microsoft, Google, Amazon
- Healthcare: BC Children’s Hospital, Vancouver General Hospital, Fraser Health
Accommodation & Other Facilities
Douglas University offers a variety of accommodation options for students, including residence halls, apartments, and houses. Residence halls are typically the most affordable option, while apartments and houses offer more privacy and space.
The university also offers a variety of support services for students living in residence, such as meal plans, laundry facilities, and security. Here are some more accommodations and facilities that Douglas University provides its students:
- Library: The library has a large collection of books, journals, and electronic resources.
- Computer labs: The computer labs are equipped with computers, printers, and software.
- Gym: The gym has a variety of fitness equipment and classes.
- Student Union: The student union is a place where students can relax, socialize, and get involved in student activities.