The University of Law is a prestigious institution specializing in legal education. With a strong reputation and campuses across the UK, it offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The university’s practical approach, experienced faculty, and focus on employability make it an excellent choice for aspiring legal professionals.
About University of Law
The University of Law is a renowned institution dedicated to providing high-quality legal education. Established in 1962, it has a rich history of preparing students for successful careers in law. With campuses in major cities across the UK, the university offers a diverse range of programs, including undergraduate law degrees, postgraduate courses, and professional qualifications. It prides itself on its innovative teaching methods, experienced faculty, and strong connections with the legal industry, ensuring that students receive a comprehensive and practical legal education.
Programmes of the University of Law
|UG Programs||PG Programs||SQE Programs||Online Programs|
|BA (Hons) Criminology||Bar Practice Course (BPC ) – full-time||LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) – Full-time||LLM Banking and Debt Finance – Full-time|
|BA (Hons) Criminology and Policing with Foundation Year||Bar Practice Course (BPC ) – part-time||LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) – Part-time day||LLM Banking and Debt Finance – Part-time|
|BA (Hons) Criminology and Policing||Executive LLM – Part-time||LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) – Part-time evening||LLM Company Law – Full-time|
|BA (Hons) Criminology and Sociology||Legal Practice Course (LPC) – accelerated||LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) – Part-time weekend||LLM Company Law – Part-time|
|BA (Hons) Criminology and Sociology with Foundation Year||Legal Practice Course (LPC) – full-time||LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) Online – Full-time||LLM Compliance and Regulation – Full-time|
|BA (Hons) Criminology with Foundation Year||Legal Practice Course (LPC) – part-time day||LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) Online – Part-time||LLM Compliance and Regulation – Part-time|
|BSc (Hons) Professional Policing||Legal Practice Course (LPC) – part-time evening||MA Law (Conversion) – Full-time||LLM Corporate Governance – Full-time|
|BSc (Hons) Professional Policing (Accelerated)||Legal Practice Course (LPC) – part-time weekend||MA Law (Conversion) – Part-time evening||LLM Corporate Governance – Part-time|
|BSc (Hons) Professional Policing with Foundation Year||LLM Banking and Debt Finance – Full-time||MA Law (Conversion) – Part-time weekend||LLM Corporate Governance Grad: CG – Full-time|
|International Foundation Programme (Law)||LLM Banking and Debt Finance – Part-time||MA Law (Conversion) Online – Full-time||LLM Corporate Governance Grad: CG – Part-time|
|LLB (Hons) Law||LLM Company Law – Full-time||MA Law (Conversion) Online – Part-time||LLM Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability…|
|LLB (Hons) Law Accelerated||LLM Company Law – Part-time||MA Law (SQE1) – Full-time||LLM Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability…|
|LLB (Hons) Law with Business||LLM Compliance and Regulation – Full-time||MA Law (SQE1) – Part-time evening||LLM Data Protection and Intellectual Property – Full-time|
|LLB (Hons) Law with Business with Foundation Year||LLM Compliance and Regulation – Part-time||MA Law (SQE1) – Part-time weekend||LLM Data Protection and Intellectual Property – Part-time|
|LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology||LLM Corporate Governance – Full-time||MA Law (SQE1) Online – Full-time||LLM Employment Law – Full-time|
|LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology with Foundation Year||LLM Corporate Governance – Part-time||MA Law (SQE1) Online – Part-time||LLM Employment Law – Part-time|
|LLB (Hons) Law with Foundation Year||LLM Corporate Governance Grad: CG – Full-time||Postgraduate Diploma in Law (PGDL) – Full-time||LLM Environmental Law – Full-time|
|LLB (Hons) Law with Government and Politics||LLM Corporate Governance Grad: CG – Part-time||Postgraduate Diploma in Law (PGDL) – Part-time evening||LLM Environmental Law – Part-time|
|LLB (Hons) Law with Government and Politics with Found…||LLM Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability…||SQE Law Essentials Online – Full-time||LLM Finance Law – Full-time|
|LLB (Hons) Law with International Business||LLM Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability…||SQE Law Essentials Online – Part-time||LLM Finance Law – Part-time|
|LLB (Hons) Senior Status||LLM Data Protection and Intellectual Property – Full-time||SQE1 Exam Preparation Course – Full-time||LLM Insurance Law – Full-time|
The BA Criminology program is designed for students interested in understanding the causes, consequences, and prevention of crime. This interdisciplinary field of study combines elements of sociology, psychology, law, and criminal justice to provide a comprehensive understanding of criminal behavior and the criminal justice system. Through this program, students explore various criminological theories, research methods, and practical applications, enabling them to critically analyze crime, its impact on society, and the measures taken to address it. Graduates of the BA Criminology program are well-equipped to pursue careers in law enforcement, social services, policy-making, research, and advocacy in the field of criminology and criminal justice.
|United States, USD||26,618.96|
|United Kingdom, GBP||9,250|
|United Kingdom (London), GBP||16,700|
|United Kingdom (Non-London), GBP||15,900|
The LLB Law program is a prestigious undergraduate degree that provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the legal system and its principles. It is designed for individuals passionate about the law and seeking a solid foundation for a career in the legal profession. Throughout the program, students study a wide range of legal subjects, including contract law, criminal law, constitutional law, and more. They develop critical thinking, analytical, and research skills while gaining a deep understanding of legal concepts and principles. The LLB Law program prepares students for a variety of legal careers, such as solicitors, barristers, legal consultants, and legal advisors. It also serves as a stepping stone for further advanced legal studies or postgraduate degrees in specialized areas of law.
|United Kingdom (London)||£16,700|
|United Kingdom (Non-London)||£15,900|
Legal Practice Course
The Legal Practice Course (LPC) is a highly regarded and essential qualification for aspiring solicitors in the UK. This program is designed to bridge the gap between academic study and professional practice, providing students with the practical skills and knowledge required to excel in their legal careers. Through a combination of interactive workshops, simulated exercises, and real-life case studies, students develop crucial legal skills such as drafting documents, conducting legal research, and client interviewing. The LPC equips students with the expertise and confidence to navigate the complexities of legal practice, preparing them for the challenges they may encounter in the profession.
|United Kingdom (London)||£16,700|
|United Kingdom (Non-London)||£15,900|
Bar Practice Course (BPC)
The Bar Practice Course (BPC) is a professional qualification for individuals aspiring to become barristers in the United Kingdom. It is designed to provide comprehensive training and practical skills necessary for a successful career at the Bar. The BPC equips students with the knowledge of legal principles, courtroom advocacy, and professional ethics required to excel in the legal profession.
Law, Criminology, Policing and Psychology – September 2023 Intake
|Course Induction||Monday, September 18, 2023|
|Course Start Date||Monday, September 25, 2023|
|Last Enrolment Date||Friday, September 22, 2023|
Home (Non Student Route Visa)
|Submit an Application 9am (UK time)||Friday, September 15, 2023|
|Final ULET exam date||Friday, September 1, 2023|
|Accept your Unconditional Offer 12 noon (UK time)||Tuesday, September 19, 2023|
International Student requiring a Student Route Visa from outside the UK
|Submit an Application||Monday, July 17, 2023|
|Final ULET exam date||Friday, July 7, 2023|
|Accept your Unconditional Offer 12 noon (UK time)||Monday, July 24, 2023|
|You must submit all documentation for your CAS (International student only)||Monday, July 24, 2023|
|Last day ULaw will issue a CAS (International student only)||Monday, July 31, 2023|
International Student requiring a Student Route Visa from within the UK
|Submit an Application||Monday, August 28, 2023|
|Final ULET exam date||Friday, August 18, 2023|
|Accept your Unconditional Offer 12 noon (UK time)||Monday, September 4, 2023|
|You must submit all documentation for your CAS (International student only)||Monday, September 4, 2023|
|Last day ULaw will issue a CAS (International student only)||September 11, 2023|
The common eligibility criteria for the University of Law may vary depending on the specific program or course you are interested in. Check eligibility criteria for each program here.
However, here are some general eligibility criteria that are often applicable:
- Academic Qualifications: Applicants are typically required to have completed their previous education to a certain level, such as having a high school diploma or equivalent for undergraduate programs, or a bachelor’s degree for postgraduate programs.
- English Language Proficiency: For international students or non-native English speakers, a certain level of English language proficiency is often required. This can be demonstrated through standardized tests such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- Specific Program Requirements: Some programs may have additional requirements or prerequisites. For example, certain legal programs might require a background in law or related subjects, while business programs may require prior business or management knowledge.
- Personal Statement or Interview: Depending on the program, applicants may be required to submit a personal statement or attend an interview to demonstrate their motivation, interests, and suitability for the course.
How To Apply?
To apply for a postgraduate course at the University of Law, you have two options depending on the course you’re interested in.
- Apply via Central Applications Board (lawcab):
- This method is applicable for the following on-campus courses: Postgraduate Diploma (Law Conversion) Full-time, LLM Legal Practice (SQE1&2) Full-time, LPC Full-time and Accelerated, MA Law (Conversion) Full-time, and MA Law (SQE1) Full-time.
- You can apply online or via email through lawcab. We recommend applying as soon as possible to secure your place, preferred study mode, and campus of choice.
- Apply direct with The University of Law:
- This option allows you to apply for all other postgraduate courses, including online, part-time, and business options, directly through The University of Law.
- Applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- You can apply through the University’s website.
Rankings & Awards
- The University of Law ranks in the top 10 for overall student satisfaction in the Times Higher Education National Student Survey Rankings.
- It has achieved top 10 placements among UK universities for law.
- In the 2021 Times Higher Education NSS Rankings, ULaw secured the 7th position with an 84.97% student satisfaction rate.
- QS awarded ULaw with 5 stars in the World University Rankings, highlighting its status as a world-class institution.ULaw received 5-star ratings in Teaching, Employability, Online Learning, Academic Development, and Inclusiveness, and 4 stars in Specialist Criteria for LLB and Internationalisation.
- Student surveys reveal high satisfaction with the faculty’s teaching methodology, intellectually stimulating curriculums, faculty availability, and accessibility to library resources.
- The University of Law has historic partnerships with leading firms such as Linklaters, DLA Piper, CMS, Ashurst, and Berwin Leighton Paisner, providing students with valuable practical exposure.
- Notable accomplishments include being granted degree-awarding powers by the Privy Council, being shortlisted for the Education Investor Awards, receiving a Silver rating in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework, and ranking first for overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey.
- ULaw has seen a significant increase in undergraduate student intake over a period of two years, showcasing its growing popularity and reputation.
- Education Future Scholarship programs
- UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) Scholarship programs
- University of New England Scholarship programs
- Society for Underwater Technology Scholarship programs
- The British Hydrological Society Scholarship programs
- University of Strathclyde Scholarship programs
- British Council Scholarship programs
- Wellcome Trust Scholarship programs
- The Leakey Foundation Scholarship programs
- University of Lincoln, United Kingdom Scholarship programs
Placements at the University of Law are an integral part of the educational experience, aiming to enhance students’ employability and career prospects. The university has established strong connections with leading law firms, businesses, and organizations to provide students with valuable placement opportunities.
Accommodation & Other Facilities
The University of Law collaborates with accommodation providers to offer a range of housing options, including on-campus residences and private rented accommodation. These facilities are well-maintained and equipped with essential amenities to ensure students’ comfort. The university also provides comprehensive facilities and support services to enhance students’ overall well-being and academic success.