We have researched and identified these as the cheapest universities for MBA business schools in Canada offering Full-time, Executive and Part-time options in various specialisations considering the various factors like affordability of tuition fees for both domestic & international students, job placement rate, student satisfaction, multiple intakes, recognition of the college or university, percentage of successful graduates within duration of course and salary offered during placements by corporates.
PictureUniversity NameLocationUniversity Details
Vancouver, British ColumbiaPrivate College, Estd 2004
QS Rank – 5 Star
St. John’s, Newfoundland And LabradorPublic College, Estd 1925
QS Rank – 751-800
Regina, SaskatchewanPublic College, Estd 1911
QS Rank – 1001-1200
Nanaimo, British ColumbiaPublic College, Estd 1969
QS Rank – 1001
Québec City, QuebecPublic College, Estd 1663
QS Rank – 433
Apart from above information we have gathered more data on other aspects of these MBA colleges mentioned below.
Top 5 Universities for MBA in Canada 2023:
- University Canada West
- University of Toronto (Rotman Business School)
- Queen’s University (Smith School of Business)
- University of Alberta
- McGill University
Additional information on Top MBA universities
University Canada West is also known as UCW is one of the top rated institute by QS stars for the year 2021.
Acceptance rate: 70%
Type of programs offered: Full-Time MBA, Executive MBA, Part-Time MBA
QS Ranking: 5 Stars
Rotman School of Business from University of Toronto is another top ranked institute.
Acceptance rate: 82%
Type of programs offered: Full-Time MBA, Evening MBA, Executive MBA & 1 Year MBA
QS Ranking: 45
Smith School of Business from Queen’s University is another top ranked institute.
Acceptance rate: 48%
Type of programs offered: Online MBA, Full-time MBA
QS Ranking: 66
University of Alberta is another top ranked institute.
Acceptance rate: 66%
Type of programs offered: Executive MBA, Full-time MBA, MBA in Finance
QS Ranking: 101-110
McGill University is another top ranked institute.
Acceptance rate: 35%
Type of programs offered: 1 year MBA, Full-time MBA
QS Ranking: 59
Why to Study MBA in Canada?
Canada is one of the most preferred student destination for MBA program and it’s also most cheaper destination for studying MBA based on the various parameters like tuition fees, accommodation etc. Every year, about 500,000 international students travel to Canada, where there are many possibilities to experience true multiculturalism as well as political stability and a generally calm environment. Another advantage is the nation’s and its people’s friendly character.
MBA Cost in Canada
Cost of MBA in Canada is comparatively lower than other countries like US, UK and Australia. The average MBA tuition fees in Canada for International students would be ranging from CAD $28,000 to CAD $40,000 when compared to the $45,000 average course fees in the US, is at least US$10,000 less expensive in top universities. Price may vary based on the location and type of program you choose. The employment chances following an MBA in Canada are what attracts international students and acts as a stepping stone to executive level roles. You can also Find cheapest MBA universities in Canada.
|Accommodation Type||Average cost per month in CAD|
|Hostels||$300 – $600|
|Private apartment||$400 – $1500|
|Shared rental||$250 – $700|
|Homestay||$400 – $800|
Eligibility For MBA in Canada for International Students
In Canada, MBA applications are often submitted directly through the school’s online application platform. Typically, applicants to business schools in Canada must achieve the following requirements:
- Undergraduate degree from any recognised institution
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Minimum GMAT score of 500
- Previous work experience
- MBA admission interview
- English/French language proficiency test (IELTS/TOEFL)
Below are the list of universities ranked based on social research:
- University of Toronto: Located in Toronto, Ontario, the University of Toronto is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in Canada and is known for its strong programs in a wide range of disciplines, including business, engineering, and the sciences.
- University of British Columbia: Located in Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia, the University of British Columbia is a top-ranked public research university with a strong reputation in fields such as forestry, nursing, and earth and ocean sciences.
- McGill University: Located in Montreal, Quebec, McGill University is a top-ranked research university with a strong reputation in fields such as law, business, and engineering.
- University of Alberta: Located in Edmonton, Alberta, the University of Alberta is a top-ranked public research university with a strong reputation in fields such as agriculture, engineering, and the sciences.
- University of Waterloo: Located in Waterloo, Ontario, the University of Waterloo is a top-ranked university known for its strong programs in engineering and computer science.
This is just a small selection of the many excellent universities in Canada. Other highly regarded institutions include the University of Ottawa, the University of Montreal, and the University of Calgary, among others.